Tuesday, March 31, 2015

A deep breath

~Tuesday Thoughts~


I'm a perfectionist. And I'm homeschooling this year. For those who do either you know it's kind of hard. And really stressful.

Lately I've been challenged to take breaks. To relax. To treat schedules as guidelines instead of law.

And it's been wonderful. I have and will probably still have in the future those doubts and low times and all. Those times when rest seems an unreachable luxury. But even then, I can find rest in the one way it really really matters - in Christ.

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28 (NIV)

How about you? Have you been pushing yourself too much? When was a time you took a breath and relaxed?

2 comments:

  1. My dear, I know EXACTLY how you feel when it comes to perfectionism. Remember that we are saved by grace and that God loves you, regardless of the standards you think you have to meet. If you'd like to read about my experience with perfectionism you can do so here: http://john-13-35.blogspot.com.au

    You're not alone!!

    -MB x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, MB! About meeting standards - definitely. :)
      Blessings!

      Delete