Friday, July 18, 2014

Accountable

~Friday for Friends~


The next word in the Friday for Friends post series is "accountable". This is a different Webster's dictionary, but here's the first definition (the one we'll use): "subject to giving an account: answerable".

Friends are accountable to each other - really. It doesn't mean you have to spell out each and every move you make, but there should be some of "you're-my-friend-and-you-should-know-this". Some thinking before doing as to how this will affect your friend, as well as others. Some "I'm sorry"s when you're wrong.

It's hard. We don't want to answer before anyone. But if you're friends with the right people it mostly helps having someone to keep us on the right path.

So watch yourselves. “If your brother or sister sins against you, rebuke them; and if they repent,forgive them." Luke 17:3

Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective. James 5:16 (NIV)


God knows each and every step we make, as well as all the mistakes. But we still need to come to Him - over and over- and say "I was wrong; please forgive me; please make me new". And He does.

Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord.” And you forgave the guilt of my sin. Psalm 32:5 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment