Thursday, March 20, 2014

Joy

Some people think that God is looming over them with a frown. Some think He looks down on having fun and is mad when they enjoy ourselves. Sure we shouldn't do some of the "fun" things (quotation marks, mind you) others do, but God is not against having fun or rejoicing. Really. He tells us to be happy a lot in His word. If you search "joy" in Biblegateway there are 242 hits and that's not counting the "rejoice"s and "be glad"s. Cool. Amazing. Intriguing. Let's rejoice in the Lord and in our salvation! Amen!

The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him. Psalm 28:7

Sing joyfully to the Lord, you righteous; it is fitting for the upright to praise him. Psalm 33:1

Worship the Lord with gladness; come before him with joyful songs.
Psalm 100:2

Shout aloud and sing for joy, people of Zion, for great is the Holy One of Israel among you.”
Isaiah 12:6

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
Romans 12:12

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!
Philippians 4:4

How about you? How easy (or hard) do you find it to rejoice? 

No comments:

Post a Comment