Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Stop judging people already!

~Tuesday Thoughts~


Ever been told "stop judging people already!" or "he/she is big enough to make his/her own decisions" and "not everything that's right for you is right for everyone?" 

Eeeeer. Big, big sigh...  I want to address the first statement in this post. The whole "stop judging, what are you, better than everyone else?" statement. 

Many times when that is said, I'm not actually judging anyone. Sometimes I am, and I am seriously sorry for that. But sometimes I'm just pointing out that a certain lifestyle and/or decision is wrong. That the Bible says so. I don't believe in abortion because the Bible teaches that life starts in the womb. I will not support gay rights because the Bible claims homosexuality - as well as adultery - to be immoral. I don't cheat on tests because I believe I should not lie. I believe that Christianity is the only religion that is right, and that every other religion is wrong. 



I AM NOT saying everyone else is a horrible person, and I'm perfect. No way am I perfect. And I'm really really sorry for those times that I do judge people. Those times do happen, sadly. What I am saying, though, is that some acts and beliefs are wrong. Just... wrong. That's what the Bible says. 

But if I'm not saying all this in love, please tell me. 'Cause that's the way I should be doing it

I'd encourage y'all to read this post on criticism and how it should/should not be done. 

How about you? Have you ever been blamed for "judging" others? Have you ever accused someone of it? Have you ever judged others in the wrong way? What are your thoughts on the topic?

No comments:

Post a Comment