Saturday, January 17, 2015

Shadow of Doubt by Terri Blackstock

~Saturday Stories~


Typical Celia: Celia reached for a tissue next to the bed and blew her nose. "I read about all those martyrs in the Bible who walked into furnaces and lions' dens and were crucified and beaten and beheaded... and I kept wishing that I had some greater purpose for my suffering, too. ... But there isn't any grand purpose here, Allie. There's no greater good. It's all just a mistake."

Celia's husband had died of arsenic poisoning.  And she was accused - though not convicted. And just when Celia thought the nightmares were over, her second husband gets poisoned too. Who is the killer and why would he want to do this to her again? Doesn't anybody believe that she's innocent?


Shadow of Doubt is not only a mystery but a Christian one. Throughout the story, Celia learns to trust God with the battle instead of trying to do fight it herself.

I wasn't ready for the length of the book -370 pages - and would have liked a faster-paced novel. However, I'm not the targeted audience, which would probably find the length acceptable. The story is told from multiple points-of-views. About halfway through I thought about it, figured out who the murderer was, and later had the satisfaction of saying "told ya." I wasn't prepared for how smart he was, though.

This is the second in the Newpointe 911 series. The first is Private Justice, and the rest are Word of Honor, Trial by Fire, and Line of Duty.

For more on Terri Blackstock visit her website and Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment