Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Making time for our Savior and His Word

~Tuesday Thoughts~


I don't know about you, but sometimes my Bible readings, which I do in the mornings, are pretty skimpy. And I can't even recall what they were about by the end of the day. So not like it should be.


1 Blessed is the one
    who does not walk in step with the wicked
or stand in the way that sinners take
    or sit in the company of mockers,
2 but whose delight is in the law of the Lord,
    and who meditates on his law day and night.
3 That person is like a tree planted by streams of water,
    which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither—
    whatever they do prospers. Psalm 1:1-3(NIV)


Notice the "delight is in the law of the Lord" and the "meditates on his law day and night" parts in verse 2. Somehow, we don't do that 24/7 or maybe even 1/7.


The law of the Lord is perfect,
    refreshing the soul.
The statutes of the Lord are trustworthy,
    making wise the simple. Psalm 19:7 (NIV)


“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30 (NIV)


With Christ's help and self-discipline we can learn to dig deeper into the Word.

Small steps are so okay to start with.  Maybe you'll start by whispering a prayer in the morning before you get out of bed or you'll have a Bible verse "reminder" on your phone. Maybe you'll take 15 minutes and press the "study" button on Biblegateway. Or look up a bunch of Bible verses on a theme that you've been pondering.

Small steps day by day. They'll make a difference.

How about you? Are you up for it? What will you try doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment