Monday, August 25, 2014

Blessed be Your Name!

~Monday Movies & Music~


“Blessed be the Name” is a pretty neat song by Matt Redman. Here are the lyrics.

Sometimes it seems like everything is AWFUL. A car crash. Betrayal. A break up. Cancer. A move. Someone’s death.

How do we keep saying “blessed be His Name” when everything’s going just awfully? How do we say “we’ll trust in Him” when we don’t even feel Him?

He is always there, guys. I know sometimes that is really hard to believe, but it’s true. He says so time after time in His Word.

 “There is no one holy like the Lord;
    there is no one besides you;
    there is no Rock like our God. 1 Samuel 2:2 (NIV)

  The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
    my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,
    my shield[a] and the horn[b] of my salvation, my stronghold. Psalm 18:2 (NIV)
a.Psalm 18:2 Or sovereign
b. Psalm 18:2 Horn here symbolizes strength.

For who is God besides the Lord?
 And who is the Rock except our God? Psalm 18:31 (NIV)

Since you are my rock and my fortress,
   for the sake of your name lead and guide me. Psalm 31:3 (NIV)

Truly he is my rock and my salvation;
    he is my fortress, I will never be shaken. Psalm 62:2 (NIV)

What are some other verses you know? Blessed be His Name! 

No comments:

Post a Comment