Saturday, April 16, 2016

Becoming Me by Melody Carlson

~Saturday Stories~


Typical Caitlin: "... in very controlled voice, I told Dad that I knew all about Belinda. And furthermore, I told him that I thought he was a liar and a hypocrite and that I no longer respected anything he had to say about church or Christianity or anything for that matter."


Caitlin's dad, who constantly told her why dating was wrong and how guys only wanted one thing, is seeing another woman. Seriously?! How can she trust anything he says now? And church - what a joke. If she wants to date Josh, it's her choice. And so what if that includes kissing and going a wee bit further? But there's something nagging at Caitlin and calling her for something more than dating the cutest guy in school. Is she going to let Christ be her only love?

Becoming Me (Diary of a Teenage Girl) is an incredibly well-crafted story that covers multiple issues girls deal with. Even when Caitlin accepts Christ as her Savior, it's hard to decide all that stuff about dating and sex and forgiveness and pain. But God always sees her through, teaching her to become more like Him.

Becoming Me is the first in the Diary of a Teenage Girl: Caitlin series. The rest are It's My Life, Who I Am, On My Own, and I Do!.

For more information on Melody Carlson, visit her website and Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment