Friday, August 7, 2015

Take the time to... RELAX

~Friday for Friends~


This is the eleventh post in the Take the Time series. The rest are Take the Time to ListenEncourageTalk With SomeoneStop GossipForgiveCalm DownPlan AheadSmile,  Thank God, and Think of What is Right.

Paradoxically, sometimes rest and relaxation are one of the hardest things to do. We want to go on, press on, and work hard until we get it all done and win. Rest? I haven't got the time.

But rest is something we should do. God Himself rested on the seventh day. God tells us to...

"“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."" Matthew 11:28-29 (NIV)

"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7(NIV)

Hebrews 4

I can find rest in the one way it really really matters - in Christ.

Read more about resting in Hebrews 4 and online.

How about you? Can you rest today - in Him? Who can you share this wonderful message of rest with?

No comments:

Post a Comment