Friday, August 15, 2014

Jesus is your Friend

~Friday for Friends~


A rule I have had for years is: to treat the Lord Jesus Christ as a personal friend. His is not a creed, a mere doctrine, but it is He Himself we have. D.L. Moody

Isn't that a great thought? A great truth? Jesus Himself said:

Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. John 15:13-15 (NIV)

Just imagine: "The firstborn over all creation" (Collosians 1:15), the One in whom "all things hold together" (verse 17), "the firstborn from among the dead" (verse 18) can be your Friend. He WANTS to be your friend. Are you going to say "yes"?

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Sofia, I needed to read this today! It's so easy to forget that Jesus is your very own friend, your best friend, and to take him for granted when in reality all He deserves is your undivided attention and love...

    The Lord bless you!! :)

    In all sisterly love,
    -NoƩmie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you could read this when you needed it. It IS easy to forget sometimes and lean on other things that don't really help, isn't it?

      Blessings!

      Delete