Saturday, May 17, 2014

Horse Dreams by Dandi Daley Mackall

~Saturday Stories~


Typical Ellie: I dream horses. I don't just dream about horses. I dream up horses so real I can smell horse. Horse is the best scent in the whole world. They could put that stuff into perfume and make a fortune.

4-th grader Ellie James dreams of and prays about having her own horse. But not just any horse. She dreams of a black stallion with which she'll surely win the Hamilton Royal Horse Show. So when a scrawny pinto comes into her life, she helps it but doesn't think much about it. But can it be that God has more in store for her than she has ever dreamed?


This isn't a teen story - the hero is in fourth grade- but I found it to be a fun quick read. Through it Ellie learns that God's plans aren't ours and that sometimes prayers get answered in a way we did not expect.

I recommend Horse Dreams to Christian kids and tweens who love horses. For more on Dandi Daley Mackall visit her website and Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment