Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Stress AFTER finals?

~Tuesday Thoughts~

So, it's finals week. 90% of the people between 18 and 23 are extremely stressed, and the other 10% are already done. I've had a crazy couple weeks, with a paper due last Monday, last Thursday, and this Tuesday, along with a number of tests. But now I am nearing the end of the semester - only one more final left and an easy one at that.

I've done a lot of stressing this semester. Way too much. But it's interesting that in these early moments of feeling free from school for more than 3 months, I am still anxious. I am still stressed almost every moment I am not doing something productive. It is more than just a school thing now. And it's annoying like crazy. Because, yes, some stress is useful and pushes you to do things. But there is also stress that is anything but!

"“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”" Matthew 11:28-30 (NIV)

What have you been stressing about lately? Share below any instances where God helped you through it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment